Friday, October 25, 2013

Dottie has a question about Healthcare.gov

I am a dog and I don't really care about politics,  I just want to  know if I am getting treats and a walk.  But,  I have been seeing a lot on the TV and reading articles about some new web site that has a lot of people really mad.  Some thing called HEALTHCARE.GOV
So,  I got on the internet and did some reading and am sorta confused.
 Healthcare.gov was estimated to cost $394 million to build,  according to a U.S. Government Accountability Office report from June 2013. The GAO says the $394 million does not "include CMS salaries and other administrative costs” associated with the Obamacare exchanges. (CNN)
Experts say the major problems with the Obamacare website can't reasonably be solved before the end of 2013, and the best fix would be to start over from scratch.
After assessing the website, Dave Kennedy, the CEO of information-security company Trusted Sec, estimates that about 20% of Healthcare.gov needs to be rewritten. With a whopping 500 million lines of code, according to a recent New York Times report, Kennedy believes fixing the site would probably take six months to a year. (CNN)
The White House has issued a statement that the HHS will recruit the ‘best and brightest’ to fix HealthCare.gov
I have a few questions:
1.  where were the 'best and brightest' when this was planned and developed?
2. how much more is the fixing or rebuilding going to cost  the tax payers?
3. do I have to sign up for this?

what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment