Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Interview with Kennesaw City Councilman Matt Riedemann

 .
Dottie here to share my very first interview with all of you.  
My friend Moose Cakes lives down the street and his dad is Kennesaw City Councilman Matt Riedmann.  I asked Matt if he would take some time from his busy schedule and sit down with me to answer some questions about his views on the city, the work that the council is doing, and his campaign.        
Sitting down with Councilman Matt Riedemann

Dottie: During your time as Chair of the Kennesaw Development Authority what was its most noteworthy accomplishment? 
Matt: I see the greatest accomplishments the Kennesaw Development Authority (“KDA”) was the recruiting of many great businesses into the City of Kennesaw.  We had dozens of ribbon cuttings that signify the opening of new businesses.  This happened alongside listening to the businesses that have been located here in Kennesaw.  We strive hard to not only bring in new businesses, but to retain the businesses that have already located themselves in the City of Kennesaw.  Business growth has been a very strong point.
Dottie: Since joining the City Council earlier this year, what do you see as the opportunities for the city of Kennesaw? 
Matt:  I see many opportunities for the City of Kennesaw, including, the development and redevelopment in downtown Kennesaw.  There are multiple large projects that are on schedule to begin in the coming months.  I believe that it is very important to have the development and the redevelopment of the downtown in a way that is forward thinking, but that reflects the values and architectural considerations that make Kennesaw the great place to live work, play, and pray.
My friend Moose Cakes 
Dottie: Since joining City Council, do you have a single accomplishment you would like to share?  
Matt: Since joining the council I believe that being an independent thinker and having the ability to work with all the council members and understanding where their thoughts and beliefs are stemming from gives me the ability to bring the council together. 
Dottie:  As a member of Council, what do you bring to the table that can make the biggest impact to the City of Kennesaw?
Matt:  I’m not a career politician.  Rather, I’m a regular, hard-working guy who enjoys everything Kennesaw has to offer.  I’ve experienced the same ups and downs as every other person.  I don’t believe I am perfect.  I don’t believe I have stopped growing and learning.  My “front door” is always open because I don’t believe I can serve Kennesaw’s citizens if they can’t talk to me like one of their friends.  Friends may not always agree, but they can at least talk openly.  I’m not afraid to take a stand for what I believe in – but I will always listen and learn from both sides of an issue, because there is always a point I have not yet considered.  I have no agenda, other than to keep Kennesaw great.  
Dottie: What do you think is the best part of living in Kennesaw? 
Matt: Kennesaw has maintained its small-town charm while, at the same time, growing and expanding.  This is possible because our citizens care and get involved.  The people of Kennesaw have pride in this city.   That’s inspiring!   I love it!!  
Dottie:  What is the biggest benefit for business located in Kennesaw?
Matt:  I believe that businesses that are located in the City of Kennesaw have the great benefit of a city that will work with the business to cut through the red tape and get issues resolved quickly.  We have a thriving business community that is growing stronger every day.
Dottie:  I know that you are dog person (have seen Moose out stumping for you), what is your stand on the cat contingency?  
Matt: Cats are people, too, and deserve our respect and love.  Even though they taunt Moose at our front door.  .       
Dottie:  What question have I not asked and not given you the opportunity to answer?  
Matt:  I can’t think of any.  Although, I have a question for you… do you think I have enough signs out there?  I worry that people won’t get fired up about this election because it’s off-season.  I feel like I need a few more signs to remind people that it’s coming up…?
Dottie: You can never have too many signs.
Thanks Matt for being such a great sport and also for the play date with Moose.

Remember-  elections are Tuesday November 5th
 make sure you get out and vote!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment